Wanna Intern for President Barack Obama??
White House Internship Program:
Things to Know
The application period for the Spring 2012 White House Internship Program is now open. Applicants have until September 11, 2011 to apply for a Spring 2012 White House Internship. Please read instructions below and refer to our FAQ page for additional explanations.
Am I eligible to apply for a White House Internship?
All White House Internship Program participants must be:
- United States citizens
- At least 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university OR graduated in the past two years from undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty at any time over the past two years
Am I available for the Spring 2012 internship program?
All White House Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of the program:
- The spring internship term runs from January 17, 2012 – May 4, 2012
- Please visit our FAQ page for questions regarding quarter systems
- The White House internship program is an unpaid program
- The White House internship program is a full-time program
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Hours may vary by office
- Please visit our FAQ page for questions regarding the definition of “full-time”
Do I have all my application materials?
A completed packet includes:
- Two Essays: Each answer should be between 300-500 words in length
- Current Resume: Your resume should not exceed one page
- Three Letters of Recommendation
How do I submit my application correctly?
All application materials must be submitted online.
- The application for the Spring 2012 White House Internship will be posted from May 9, 2011 – September 11, 2011. All Spring 2012 White House Internship application materials MUST be submitted ON or BEFORE 11:59 p.m. EDT September 11, 2011.
- When an applicant enters a recommender’s email address into the application, the recommender will be sent an email with instructions on how to submit a recommendation for the applicant.
- When a letter of recommendation has been successfully submitted, both the applicant and the recommender will receive an email confirmation with the name of the recommender who has submitted a letter on the applicant’s behalf.
Please CLICK HERE to fill out and submit your application to the Spring 2012 White House Internship Program.